Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

advice please

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by WallsendJan, Apr 27, 2011.

1. WallsendJan

WallsendJan PetForums Junior

My cat Tink gave birth to 4 gorgeous ginger kittens on Monday night. All seems well. She's eating and drinking, the kittens are snuggling, eating, sleeping and seem content. Mum is using her litter to pee and poo. There wasn't a lot of wee came out on her last visit to the litter but her first visit was like niagra falls, and she is still losing a bit of blood. Just drops, not large amounts but, as I've never had this happen before, I don't know what's normal and what's not. She seems fine, I'm a little over anxious but not bothering her and she has allowed us to see the babies but we aren't pushing her to let us handle them. She let me check them over yesterday morning but I don't want to handle them till she's ready. Any advice would be appreciated.

#1 WallsendJan, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  2. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Hi there, you might be better putting this in the breeding section as they are the best people for this kind of question.

Welcome to the forum, nice to have you join us and I hope your young lady is ok. :)

3. gloworm*mushroom

gloworm*mushroom PetForums VIP

You need to start weighing the kittens everyday to watch their weight gain. It should be 10g a day or above.
    There is a lot of information in the breeding section about litters, I assume this is your first one. Lots of things to watch out for.

4. Donskie

Donskie PetForums Member

mum can lose small amounts of blood for a couple of weeks after birth but if excessive or you are concerned contact you vet. I thought WIllow was losing too much but after talking to my vet, I was reassured and she was fine.

5. WallsendJan

WallsendJan PetForums Junior

They are all doing fine. I'm weighing them and vet says all is fine and mum is doing a great job. This site is a godsend. Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice