Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice please! Puppy with a runny tummy...

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Claireh2284, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Claireh2284

Claireh2284 PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone, I'm new so apologies if I've posted in the wrong place. We have a 12 week old westie puppy and she's been in good health since we got her, however she's had the runs since last night. I know why she has them, my son was feeding her his very rich steak pie and gravy last night under the table :mad: , by the time we'd caught him she'd had about half of his very decent portion :yikes: (my son is 8). Any how, since then Jessie has had some explosive runs and is very sleepy :sad:. Any ideas what I can do to help her get better? I haven't taken her to the vets as I know the cause but if she doesn't show signs of picking up by tea time I'll book her in for first thing tomorrow. Any advice is greatly recieved.

2. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

Has she eaten any of her usual food? do make sure she drinks a lot. You could try very small meals several times a day to see if her tum then settles. Plus tell your son the next time he feeds the pup anything she shouldn't have he will have to clear up the mess.:dita:

3. Claireh2284

He's already doing it :smilewinkgrin: she's not eating at all, she'll only lick water off my fingers but she is drinking. Had to bath her becuse she was stuck up :( she's asleep on my knee at the minute, hoping the sleep will give her some energy to have a drink on her own. I'm going to try her with some porridge at tea time.

4. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

Maybe she will eat a bit of weetabix with some goats milk on. Or rice pudding I use to get the value one in Tescos when Bracken was a pup and mix in some weetabix yum yum. Are you feeding the dry dog kibble??

5. Claireh2284

I feed her on skinners kibble, I usually add a touch of water to it for her. I'll try her on anything tonight, just tried her with some milk and she's not interested. She keeps nodding on and off. Hopefully she will try some water when she wakes up :/, I hate seeing her so poorly :(

6. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

Yes we do worry when they are ill. See how she is later after a sleep if she still doesn't want food or water best ring the vet. Hopefully she will improve.

7. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

So how is your pup today???

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice