UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It has been along year this year and Cuddles has had many health problems along the way. Today she had a health screen done by the Cardiologist who diagnosed her with HCM back in April and she said Cuddles looks very healthy (Here's the word I hate), BUT, she has detected shallow breathing but didn't elaborate on what might be causing this but did say that she wanted to monitor it over the next 2 weeks, she said apart from that everything is as normal. What can cause a cat to shallow breath? Could it be stress or is it an asthma related thing?

Although Cuddles breathing is back to normal after her asthma attack back in July 2012 (Yes take out the shallow breathing bit as the Cardiologist detected this with a stethoscope) and the prednisolone was stopped under the vets advice, the Cardiologist is considering restarting the prednisolone but will wait until she sees Cuddles next Wednesday and assess the situation. The Cardiologist gave Cuddles a steriod injection to boost her mood as she has been very uninterested in anything over the last 5 days except eating, going to the toilet and sleeping alot. The Cardiologist said she should start perking up in the next 72 hours, fingers crossed because as soon as I got home Cuddles went to sleep in her princess house and doesn't want to eat her food at the moment. Is this a normal reaction to a steriod injection not wanting to eat?

·
Registered
251 Posts
When my cat had a steroid shot, he did the same. I got him home and he went upstairs straight to sleep. He did eat a bit next morning. So hopefully cuddles will be fine in the morning. Or she may just have the hump. I think it makes them grouchy as well. Maybe leave some biscuits down in the night. :)

Sorry, I cant help you on the shallow breathing. I hope she perks up soon. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When my cat had a steroid shot, he did the same. I got him home and he went upstairs straight to sleep. He did eat a bit next morning. So hopefully cuddles will be fine in the morning. Or she may just have the hump. I think it makes them grouchy as well. Maybe leave some biscuits down in the night. :)

Sorry, I cant help you on the shallow breathing. I hope she perks up soon. :)
Thanks for replying I thought this thread was being ignored :D

I put down some wet food at her feeding time 4pm and she was fast asleep. She's just got up right now and liked the juice of the food and gone to the toilet and is now window watching, still not interested in eating. Oh well I will leave her some food out tonight incase she decides to eat it during the night. Thanks for the advice :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks for replying I thought this thread was being ignored :D

I put down some wet food at her feeding time 4pm and she was fast asleep. She's just got up right now and liked the juice of the food and gone to the toilet and is now window watching, still not interested in eating. Oh well I will leave her some food out tonight incase she decides to eat it during the night. Thanks for the advice :)
No probs, she should be fine tomorrow. I always get worried about my cats when they dont eat. Let me know how she is tomorrow. :)

I did read a majority of the posts last night. At the end of the day everyone has their own opinions but I think that things were dragged out a bit too far. Its your life and you do what you think is right. I have read that you have made the decision to not take in Rocket and focus on Cuddles. Good for you, if thats what you think is right. Only you know yourself. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No probs, she should be fine tomorrow. I always get worried about my cats when they dont eat. Let me know how she is tomorrow. :)

I did read a majority of the posts last night. At the end of the day everyone has their own opinions but I think that things were dragged out a bit too far. Its your life and you do what you think is right. I have read that you have made the decision to not take in Rocket and focus on Cuddles. Good for you, if thats what you think is right. Only you know yourself. :)
That injection has made her really tired. She was eating then fell asleep cuddling the bowl. Bless her.
Update (Forgot to update this last night so done it now): I thought she was eating and she hasn't touched the food must have been licking the juice up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some idiot is throwing fireworks down our street, I can see the idiots laughing and running up and down the street. Cuddles has woke up startled and is running around trying to find somewhere to hide.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some idiot is throwing fireworks down our street, I can see the idiots laughing and running up and down the street. Cuddles has woke up startled and is running around trying to find somewhere to hide.
I have just called the police as what they are doing is dangerous.

·
Riley
8,255 Posts
Makes me cross when people mess about with fireworks! Riley did not seem that bothered about them until recently. when he has heard a bang he has noticed it more and once went under the bed, they were being let off in the day and were the really loud banging ones....grrrrrrr....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.