Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice please on getting through my working day :(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ColliePower, Jul 28, 2009.

1. ColliePower

ColliePower PetForums Senior

Hi all

You may have seen on previous posts that Im v unhappy at work, get treated bad and 3 times its been "discussed" and nothings changed,

Im going for interviews and hoping to have a 2nd interview this week for another job I want!

Im sad and low every time i come in, ive been in 15 mins and already i feel teary and fed up.

Please can someone give me some tips on how to get through each day putting up with my boss until i find another job, without ending up crying in the toilets most lunchtimes :(

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Whatever they say just nod and agree. You just have to let it wash over you. It's hard because I was bullied by one of my managers but it made my life a lot easier x

3. ColliePower

ColliePower PetForums Senior

How did it make ur life easier?

4. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

if its getting you this ill i would go to the docs and see if he can sign you off for a few weeks at least then you could really get your mind rested and perhaps look for other jobs incase the other one doesnt materialise, no one should have to put up with that sort of stress at work!!!

5. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Im sorry but If I was that unhappy I would have it out with my boss - My bosses are not always easy to get on with - but I stand my ground I have had a few arguments with mine - one ending up with me walking out!! but we managed to resolve it - you really do need to have serious words with someone above your manager if all else has failed - have you got a Personnell Manager?

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Because I was making things worse on myself by arguing back. It's all well and good saying that people would argue with their bosses but no matter what you say it comes back on you and makes you look like the t**t :(

Do you have a work union?

7. debbie1981

debbie1981 PetForums Senior

It's really horrible feeling like that at work, try not to let it get you down huni.

Hopefully a new job will come along soon xxxxxxxxxxxx

8. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

What exactly is it that you do?
    Do you actually enjoy/like the work you do?

You spend too much time at work to be sat in the toilets crying. Now I don't know the situation here, but my advice would be to get on with your job, do a really good job of it and ignore everyone else as much as you can.

9. bmxwidow

bmxwidow PetForums Junior

Do you have a supervisor or someone you can talk to at work? If someone is making your life that much of a misery that you are crying and not wanting to go in, you have to do something about it.

Do you not have a procedure you can go down - ie: complain to someone about this person?

10. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

How horrible.

I would:

a) Bury myself in so much work so I didn't notice the horridness
    b) Go to loo, make a few wretching noises and wipe your eyes with a towel (for affect) and go home sick.

11. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

Sorry you're having such a bad time. I've been there so I know how you feel.

If it's at the stage you're describing then I would seriously take some time off before you really end up making yourself ill through stress. Take a week in the first instance, you don't need a doctors line for that, and see how you feel. If you can't face going back go see your Doc. If you don't want to have stress or anxiety or anything like that written on a line then tell him you've done your back in.

It might seem like an easy way out but people should not be at their work crying and feeling sick etc., that's major stress which will only get worse unless you have a break. Don't sit and think about it for too long though because you'll only end up even more stressed, try and be proactive and decide if you're going to carry on going in there or if you're going to take some time.

Hope you feel better soon. xx :)

12. mizz_caitlin_stewart

mizz_caitlin_stewart PetForums Newbie

hey, i think you should tell your boss:" i think you are being unreasonable and treating me unfairly. if you want me to work, being a Dxck insin helping." if he says get out. just say " i already quite".... or just ignore he/she and ge on with it

13. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Very good idea. I am off at the moment through no fault of my work expect the stress of it!

14. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

I agree with sequeena abit here.. one of my old work mates showed me the JOY of agreeing with bad things being said to/about you.

If anyone says something nasty to me i just say "yup, that's right", grin and ignore... :smilewinkgrin:
    it's amazing how quickly you stop actually listening to what they're saying and just let it flow over you.. once they know you won't react they tend to back off abit as you're effectively no fun and make them look a bit stupid.

Hope you get a new and better job soon :D you're blatantly faaar too good for that place and your manager's worried you'll steal his/her job :001_tt2: and hell, so they should be!

15. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

How this helps the OP I have no idea :rolleyes:

:yesnod: And especially with managers. At the end of the day they are held in higher esteem as they have been trusted with a position of authority and it's likely the big boss will choose them over us lowly employees :( It's best to keep your head down imo but definitely get onto your work union :yesnod:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice