Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice please on complete wet foods that are like.....

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by PetloverJo, Jan 5, 2012.

1. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

Well Milly and Tilly have been begrudging eating their wet food, certainly don't like Bozita Turkey in Jelly at all, throwing most of it away, Bozita Chicken Liver they will eat for one meal then when I go to give them it again later that day or the day after they will leave it! Smilla they will eat a little bit of.

Today I gave them Bozita again turned their noses up but I remembered I had a pouch of Almo Nature Chicken and Duck Raw well I thought I'd mix a bit in with the Turkey that they had just turned theirs noses up at, both came running over and even Milly fussypants gobbled it all up.

So the question is (after the long explanation) what wet complete foods are like Almo Nature and Applaws in texture and colour? because they seem to like the white meat.

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

IMO, none.

3. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

Is Feline Porta 21 a complete food? It says it is on Zooplus.

4. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

No, they have recently revised their declaration. It is a complementary food; zooplus just haven't revised their text.

McWillow has contacted Schesir I think to get some more information on the food that they have labelled as being complete. Until you have that info I would treat the food as complementary food. ;)

5. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

Thank you :)

6. Chewie39

Chewie39 PetForums VIP

You could try not giving them any Applaws/Almo Nature type foods at all for a few days. I've found these foods are so palatable to cats it can put them off the real food (ie complete) and, if they yours don't get the Applaws, they might eat the good stuff (worked for me).

Another tip is to crumble the 100% meat freeze dried treats (Thrive or the cheaper P@H version) and sprinkle some bits on the top of the Bozita etc. That also works for me if mine turn their noses up.

7. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

If I get a reply I will let you know - not holding my breath though!

8. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

Thank you :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice