Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

advice or interigation???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bullyb, Jan 14, 2008.

1. bullyb

bullyb PetForums VIP

as this forum states PET OWNERS COMMUNITY. People are coming on looking for some FRIENDLY advice regarding their pets. i have been looking at a lot of the dog threads recently and feel there is more attitude than friendly advice going on. i thinks its a shame when new people come to this forum seeking advice, sometimes they're being interigated. i feel this will frighten new members off....:(

Esined and carol like this.
  2. Lisa M

Lisa M PetForums Member

This is the problem when people feel strongly about things. I think most people respect other points of view. Everyone has been lovely to me!!!!! :D

3. bullyb

bullyb PetForums VIP

that good im glad youve not had any problems!!!!:)

4. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

yes bullyb your right,, i have had to ask afew people not to leave,they said they felt the site was becoming unfriendly, i think some people are very harsh with the advise they give people, its sad when this is the case,,,,,,:(

5. what do you mean by harsh advice? If there is an experienced person , and honest, and of cource typed words doesnot sound right sometimes....

6. bullyb

bullyb PetForums VIP

yep...i dont know about the cat section but the dog section is getting worse colliemerles, its a shame..:(

7. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

its not just that some people have been quite rude to others, when there has been no need to

8. colliemerles

i have to deal with the pm,s when the new people are very upset,, it makes me angry sometimes, as you know vixie as i talk with you about it,,,,,:(:(Elena i dont think its the cat section i havent seen anything going on there ,its the dog section,,,some members need to lighten up abit and try to be more helpful rather than jumping down the persons throat,,,,

9. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

the cat section and all other sections seem fine, its just a handfull of people in the dog section and its a shame because they have a lot of knowlage and could be very helpful to other members, but the way some of the posts are worded are very unpleasant to read at times

10. bullyb

bullyb PetForums VIP

yeah, you got it spot on collie..:(
    if someone needs Friendly advice...why cant people just be friendly??:(

11. I am obviously need to have a look at a dog section anmd will advise you accordingly!":cool::cool:

12. colliemerles

yes vixie,,, alot of them are very knowlagable people and there advise would be most welcomed, if put a little bit more friendly to people,

13. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

alot of the abusive posts have been removed now

14. BredaKim

BredaKim PetForums Member

Personally, I think this has a lot to do with it...typed words do sometimes come across with a different meaning to the one meant. Perhaps it may be an idea for those leaving replies to read it back to themselves before they post to see how it reads? May not make much difference...but might help with some.:confused: who knows?:eek:

15. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

I totaly agree, there is no need to be rude or unpleasant

16. bullyb

bullyb PetForums VIP

i agree, sometimes when i read it back it doesnt make sense and have to rewrite it but unfortunatley the posts i am talking about are just coming accross as cheeky...:(

17. Esined

Esined PetForums VIP

I have been reading the Dog threads, outragious! was woundering, being a cat person not a Dog person, if cat people are nicer than Dog people as they seem unable to read between the lines and make their own assumptions then leap at peoples throughts:eek::eek::eek: only some off them, i know alot of the majority doesnt:D

18. Esined

Esined PetForums VIP

as do some of the questions:cool:

19. colliemerles

yeah and i have to pm to say sorry for the way they have been treated and it upsets me when the person says this site is unfriendly and they dont want to be a member here any more,,,,these are peole we are here to try to help,, not to drive away,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:mad:

20. bullyb

bullyb PetForums VIP

i think you could be right esined!! cat people must be nicer...:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice