Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice on who to foster with

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Kirsti13, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Kirsti13

Kirsti13 PetForums Newbie

Good Morning!

First time on the forums and just looking for some advice...

Now that i own my own home i have decided that the time is right to get involved with cat fostering. It is something i have always wanted to do and i am really excited!!

I applied with both the rspca and cat protection last week, which was probably a mistake but i didnt think anyone would get back to me so quickly. A lady from the rspca is coming to do a home visit tonight and cp have also emailed to say things are taking longer due to volunteer hols but would hopefully start moving soon...

So now i dont know what to do!! is one better than the other? and is one more strict on there acceptance criteria (i have 2 cats of my own so thought that may be an issue) or do i wait til i have met with both before making a decision?

I want to start as soon as i can but dont want to make the wrong choice or mess either of them around :( my heart says to go with cp as they have been so friendly in emails but dont want to turn down the rspca only to be then turned down by cp

Sorry for the uber long post i just dont know what to do for the best!

2. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

I would wait till you have met both and know their criteria.
    If one turns you down, you will still have the other....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice