Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice on possible seizures/muscle spasms/shooting limb pain in my 15 y/o Cat.

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by nikkiandjaffa, Jul 2, 2018.

1. nikkiandjaffa

nikkiandjaffa PetForums Newbie

Hello!

My lovely cat Jaffa has just turned 15. Recently we have become concerned about an intermittent health problem she seems to be having.. She appears to be having small seizures in her limbs and neck, when it happened in front of a friend who is a vet said it looks like she's having some kind of shooting pain or nerve pain in her leg, but wasn't sure what could be the cause. We took her to the vet, he felt for internal things and said theres nothing immediately or obviously wrong. He also ordered a blood test to rule out any kidney/liver problems which came back negative.

Jaffa's problem isn't constant and sometimes is completely fine. But every now and then it is so bad that she cant walk on her hind legs. Im worried that when this happens she might be in pain.

Does anyone have ay idea what could be the problem?

I've attached a link to a video of it happening. The video shows her hind left leg being affected but sometimes is in her front legs and occasionally her neck pulls back too.

Any help or advice much appreciated,
    Thankyou
    Nikki

2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Have you shown this video to your vet ,if not it would maybe help to pinpoint a problem.
    If your vet cant find a reason for this I would be inclined to ask for a second opinion from a different vet.
    Hope you get a diagnosis as your poor lad looks uncomfortable.

Whompingwillow likes this.
  3. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

All I can think of is that there might be a problem with the nerves in her spine - maybe she has the cat equivalent of a slipped disc and it's putting pressure on the nerves in her spinal cord. It might show up on an x-ray but I suspect the only way to be certain is for her to have a CT or MRI scan

Whompingwillow likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice