Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice on NutraCys+

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by g.castleton, Aug 24, 2021.

1. g.castleton

g.castleton PetForums Junior

Hello,
    Wondering if anyone has any experience with NutraCys+. Does it take a while to work or should it work more or less straight away?
    Thank you

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

As it is a supplement it is likely to take time to be effective. Was this recommended by your vet? What is your cat's diagnosis/problem?

g.castleton likes this.
  3. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

I hate the way the website says things like 'recent studies have shown...' without linking to the study. You could try asking the maker. But I agree the above questions, did your vet recommend it and what's the problem?

g.castleton likes this.
  4. g.castleton

Yes, my vet prescribed it for my cat who has recurrent uti’s/inflammation, he’s a 1 year old neutered boy. Water sample didn’t show any bacteria or crystals, but it did have blood she said. I have given him filtered water only now just in case. She believes it’s stress/anxiety related

5. g.castleton

Thank you, and yeah it is annoying. Prescribed by vet for recurrent uti/bladder inflammation believed to be caused by stress/anxiety.

OrientalSlave likes this.
  6. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

I haven't used that one, but Cystaid+ used to work quite quickly and was very effective for my cat as she suffered terribly with stress induced cystitis.

g.castleton likes this.
  7. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I use d-mannose for these issues. Though she is on cosequin for cats as well and has been all her life, for bladder health.

And of course, feed your cat a wet only diet, low in carbs, and high in meat. Meat is naturally acidifying, and carbs are just the opposite, raising the pH and inflammatory. Wet for obvious reasons, to keep him well hydrated and his bladder flushed out.

g.castleton likes this.
  8. g.castleton

Thank you, I will talk to my vet about this.

9. g.castleton

Thank you, and I will change him to a wet diet, do you recommend any brands?

10. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I can't, I'm not in the UK but I believe there are threads on the subject. Check the stickies in the various cat sections. I feed a raw diet to my cats. :)

Look for foods that don't contain a lot of junk. Avoid any sugar, grains, stuff like that. Fillers that can raise the carb content. Look for identified meat.

g.castleton likes this.
  11. g.castleton

Ah okay, great thank you I will have a look.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice