Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

advice on feeding times needed.

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by staffy_missy, Apr 25, 2011.

1. staffy_missy

staffy_missy PetForums Member

iv got an 11 week old puppy. I am currently feeding her 3 times a day which im going to continue but i want to have set meal times. Im thinking 10:00am, 15:00pm and 19:00pm does this sound ok? Or sould i be feeding her more frequently?

2. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

Hi at that age i fed mine at 8am, 12noon and 6pm,

3. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

I've got Danes so they are always fed 4 times a day i.e, 7am, 12, 5pm & 10pm

4. SixStar

SixStar Banned

From 11 weeks to 6 months my pups are always fed 3 times a day at 8am, 12pm and 8pm, with a small snack before bed (a biscuit or piece of raw carrot). There's no hard and fast rule, just try to spread the meals out as evenly as possible.

5. staffy_missy

staffy_missy PetForums Member

hi thank you for the replies. My pup is an 11 week old staffy cross labrador. Will she need 3 or 4 meals aday im a little confused because i dont want to under/over feed her. So if i feed her at 9am, 1pm, 5pm and 9pm would this be healthy for the age and breed of the pup? Thank you :001_smile:

6. SixStar

SixStar Banned

I always do 4 meals up until 11 weeks, 3 meals from 11 weeks to 6 months, and then 2 meals thereafter.

Have a look on the packet of the food you are feeding her and see what the recommended amout of food is per day for her age/weight, measure it out and then feed it in equal portions throughout the day - 3 or 4 meals is up to you, it doesn't really matter all that much, but I'd personally go with 3.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice