Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice on dog grooming training

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lizzie_Belle, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Lizzie_Belle

Lizzie_Belle PetForums Newbie

Hello, I am new here and really have my heart set on becoming a professional dog groomer. I have been looking at courses with grooming schools which are approx 27 day courses. Has anyone taken one of these courses (its the ocn I am looking at) and if so did you feel competent to start your own business on completion? I know in an ideal world I would gain a few years experience in a salon before setting up on my own but as a more mature person the chance of someone employing me to do the bathing and drying and then work up to grooming are pretty much zero! Setting up my own business will be the only way forward but I dont want to end up making an expensive mistake. My plan is to work mobile and build from there, my long term goal would be to convert part of my garage and work from home. I dont expect to make a fortune, I just want to create a better working life for myself and provide a quality service.

Thanks for reading and any advice would be much appreciated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice