Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice on buying a Bulldog Puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Fiona, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Fiona

Fiona PetForums Newbie

Hi all

I've just joined this forum and hoping you could all give me some advice.

My husband and I have decided we would like to get a puppy. We have never had a dog in our own house although we both grew up living with dogs so we are both beginners buying and looking after puppies and dogs ourselves. We both like the look of bulldogs and we have bought books and have been looking on the net for advice but there are so many conflicting reports on there that we are both confused on weather the bulldog is ideal for new dog owners.

We also have two young children a little boy who is 5 and my youngest who is 2.

Please could somebody give us some advice on weather a bulldog would make an ideal pet for our family and if not any breeds that may be more suitable.

Thank you for any advice you can give as it is so important for us to make the best choice both for us and for any dog or puppy that may come to live with us and we want to be sure we have all the right advice and infomation before hand. :)

2. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

I dont know much about this breed but there are a fiew bulldog breeders on here who I'm sure can help once they come online, and I know some of them have children so they will have some great advice for you :)

3. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

Hi, welcome to the forum.
    I owned a Bulldog once but sadly he died. He was great with children and from what I know about them they are good with kids.
    Theres a member on here called bullyb who breeds them, you could send her a private message, she would be able to advise you what they'r like etc...
    Best of luck. :)

4. foxylady

foxylady PetForums Senior

Hi there,

We have an american bulldog, Zac is almost 6mths now and we have had him for 11weeks. I have 5 kids (can't really include the oldest cause he's 21 so not a kid :)) my youngest is 6, to me AB's are a loving and affectionate breed, he is very friendly towards other dogs and just wants to play. They are very playful and need ton's of exersise.
    At an evening zac can be in his crate but the min anyone sits on the floor he is out and lying all over you :).
    I would recommend getting a puppy so that it can grow up with your children.:)
    Zac with my youngest
    [​IMG]

5. georges mummy

georges mummy PetForums Member

i have a bulldog and 3 kids aged 10, 7 and 2.
    george is excellent with all of them. he follows my little boy around like his shadow.
    i also have a staffie and a bull terrier cross and all of them ge on brilliantly.
    good luck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice