Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

advice needed!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kira1, Aug 10, 2009.

1. kira1

kira1 PetForums Newbie

i really need some advice. i think my dog bit my neighbour's son. the thing is my dog has been unwell all weekend and the neighbour's son always puts his hands through the fence to try and get to the dog. i heard a growl and then i heard the boy cry although this was only for a matter of seconds and i heard the boy say my dog didn't bite him so i actually don't know wether she has bit him or not it could of being the neighbour's dog at the other side. my dog is well natured, doesn't behave badly, she NEVER goes to bite or growl at people that come to the house at all or when is is on a walk. i have heard off a few people that this neighbour is going round and telling people that my dog did bite her son, although i would wish that she would tell me if my dog did bite her son instead of going round and telling lies and should i have a word with her?

2. Buggles

Buggles PetForums Senior

If the boy said that your dog didnt bite him, then I'm guessing she didn't bite him! He's not going to say she didn't bite him if he did!

I'm confused...

3. kira1

kira1 PetForums Newbie

thanks for your reply but you don't know his mother, she is a compulsive liar

4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

I would have a word with her if i was you..and tell her that if your dog did bite her son then its the boys fault for putting his hand through your fence..and to tell her son not to do it again..

5. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

Agree with DD, speak with your neighbour.

6. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

I would pay no attention at all. If any body put their hands through my fence then they would get it bitten off!

Speak to the stupid mother! :D

7. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Tell her she can be done for deformation of charactor or slander for spreading lies.

8. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

There is nothing she can do anyway, your dog was in YOUR garden not hers, and the little boy should not have put his hand in your fence anyways, Dont think he will do it again do you,,,, Your neighbours will know who you are and what your dog is like anyway so take no notice of her. xxx

9. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

Your not ment to put your hands through fences with dogs, it says in the protect the children thing

read it today

its not your fault at all

10. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

At the end of the day, if your dog DID bite this boy, your dog was on your land and restrained by a fence, what more can you do to keep your dog away from people if it wasn't well behaved?

I am sure the boy was telling the truth and his Mum is just being awkward, I hope it can get sorted, but even if your dog was a naughty dog you've done all you can to keep kiddies away etc!

I agree with previous poster too, ask Mum if she is aware what 'defamation of character' is!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice