Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice needed.

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Daintydee1989, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Daintydee1989

Daintydee1989 PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone, so long story short my dog got into an accident and required surgery on her tail. However it’s been 3 weeks and the tails worse than it was post opp. The vets are now informing me that she requires another surgery... I visited another vet for a second opinion and the second vet informed me the first surgery was not appropriate and my vet should preform a correction surgery for free. My vets are refusing to accept liability.

My girl needs this operation as her tail bone is now infected but I spent all the money I had on the first surgery and the 2-3daily check’s she’s needed for the past 3 weeks.

Can anyone advice me as to where I can turn?? I’m devastated and really out of ideas now.

Attached Files:

#1 Daintydee1989, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2019
  2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

It’s against forum rules to ask for money.

Sorry about your dog but maybe ask the second vet to let you arrange a payment plan so the op can be done ASAP.

3. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

OP edited.

4. Hollie Jacob

Hollie Jacob PetForums Newbie

I feel your pain! My 2 year old GSD ripped his tail back to the bone and had to have it around 6 inches amputated 2 weeks ago and then chewed the end off and had to have it re stitched and wrapped. We have turned to muzzling him with a very large collar on (vets advice) and so far so good, he is finally leaving it alone and it’s healing. My only worry is when he see’s someone he still waggs it everywhere so I have to make sure he is in a room with no furniture around that he can hit it on! I would suggest asking your vet for Gabapentin, my vet prescribed a high dosage so i knocks my dog out most of the day so he can’t injure it any more.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice