UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently watching my friends chinchilla for thanks giving. Is there any way I can gain her trust? To make her be more cuddly and interact more?
She is about 6 years old, and absolutely adorable.

Please let me know!!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
chinchillas are not cuddly animals as a rule, attention has to be on their terms, if you try and catch her and force her to accept a cuddle you could seriously hurt her, chins are very delicate creatures with floating ribs.
being a lone chin shes probably missing her owner, chins are very social creatures and its never fair to keep one on their own, i would suggest you talk to your friend about getting the poor chinny a friend of her own, she will be much happier

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I agree not to force interaction if she is not wanting it.
But a way to try and gain her trust is by giving her 1 small raisin a day, offer it to her and she might come and take it out your hand.
Only 1 small raisin though, as chins can't have much in the way of treats.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I adopted two older chins and when they came to me they never been handled much and were not very interacting, when I buy new toys and interactive I open the front of there cage and eventually they were curious about what I had got them, willow balls in any pet store, cuttle fish one grab out of my hand and both enjoyed that alot, seal one end of a toilet role and put some hay in with a treat, it might just entice the chin, 1 year on, one likea a little cuddle from time to time the other one will come up to front of cage bu still won't let me hold him but likes a chin strached!:yesnod:
Time and patience

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.