Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

advice needed

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by luckyboy2008, Feb 15, 2008.

1. luckyboy2008

luckyboy2008 PetForums Newbie

hi me and my wife have been given the possible oppertunity to rehome a yorkie girl, no mention of money has been mentioned if we are the successfull family what are the rules to this sort of thing as we have never rehomed before all though have had a yorkie before

2. Jenny Olley

Jenny Olley PetForums VIP

Do you know this dog, and the reason she is being rehomed ?(although people aren't always honest). It would probably be helpful to take her out a few times to see how you get on, and if there are any problems, and whether you are prepared to deal with any problems which may be there.

3. luckyboy2008

hi sorry for the delay yes the lady has been upfront and told us everything about the pup,spoke to her again after leaving the post and she answered everything to my satisfaction thankyou for taking the time to reply

4. englishrose943

englishrose943 PetForums VIP

Hi luckyboy, When rehoming it is i think just like buying without the money exchange. Just take your time getting to know this dog and ifyou have children be very careful too. There is obviously something wrong as to why she wants to give it away.
    Michelle

5. luckyboy2008

hi yeah the first dog fell through we are going to look at another one today the lady said her work commitments are getting longer and its not fair on the dog is this a usual ploy she said she has lots of energy or is this a code word for boisterous and out of control

6. lizd4688

lizd4688 PetForums Member

it can be......lol
    depends if this dog is bouncing off the walls...lol
    most dog settle down when they have company so if its been left alone for long times, it will be very hypo when it seen someone...lol
    good luck with the dog hunt.
    liz

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice