Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice needed!!

Discussion in 'Spiders and Inverts' started by Vidobi04, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Vidobi04

Vidobi04 PetForums Junior

Ok so I am petrified of spiders yet find tarantulas so fascinating. I would love to buy one and was wondering if anyone else was in my possition when they bought theirs and which would be the best for me to buy.

2. PeterUK

PeterUK PetForums Newbie

There are many species that people recommend as starter species but I think that the best two are either Brachypelma albopilosum AKA curly hair or Euathlas sp 'Red'. Both species are calm and hardy, dont need heating and are forgiving of basic husbandry mistakes.

3. genevralaurene

genevralaurene PetForums Newbie

I used to be the same until my brother brought home a Mexican Red Knee tarantula. She completely chained me from being terrified to handling her daily. My collection has since grown to 8 tarantulas.

The best tarantulas i know of for starters are Mexican Red Knees, Curly Hairs and Chile Roses. These are all calm and slow t's perfect for beginners and are relatively easy to get hold of for not too much. They don't need too much space and don't require too much heat either.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice