Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

advice needed

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by sophie-paige, Mar 28, 2011.

1. sophie-paige

sophie-paige PetForums Junior

hi i have a 12month kiten who has begjn excessivly malting and has white.bits in her coat which looks like dandruff she is still.her usuall self was just woundering what it.could.be? ?

2. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

tis probably either just spring moult or diet

what does she eat?

3. sophie-paige

just a mix or tinned and dry food the same brands she has.been on.from her previous owner

4. sophie-paige

felix tinned and.go-cat biscits
    weve had her just over 2 months
    she uses her tray fine
    and.she.has just under half a tin twice a day as she. loves her food

5. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

I have just replied to your post in the show section,it will get a better response here or the Training and Behaviour site.I will ask you though why are you taking a kitten at 6 weeks old this is far to young to be leaving its mother and litter mates,please reconsider taking such a young kitten.

6. sophie-paige

i.thought 6-8weeks was average and she.is the last one left her brother and sisster were rehomed today

7. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

It is not average or at least it shouldnt be.In some European countries it is illegal to sell kittens under 12 weeks,it is high time this applied to Britain.Kittens leaving mum and littermates at this age can have behaviour problems and other developement issues.

8. lucylocket35

lucylocket35 PetForums Member

Could the dandruff be caused by diet? My cat has been on Whiska's and Royal Canin for the same reasons as the OP, and he sometimes looks to have dandruff. I had thought it might be to do with stress as Artie is a nervous cat, and it always seemed to appear after he had been hiding

9. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

Indy gets dandruff when I don't groom him enough/when the heating has been on

at the moment he is moulting a *lot* with the improving weather

dandruff can be caused by a poor diet - which felix and go cat *are*, cat food is just like human food in the more ingredients in it (especially that you can't pronounce!) the worse it is

my guys get a mix of Royal Canin Dry, Applaws Dry, Bozita Wet and Classic Wet (the Classic has very little added so no sugars or grains so although it's cheap it is a semi reasonable though not *great* food) I am a student and on *very* tight finances so I buy bulk and/or in sales to get decent food at a bargain and I feed as low a grain content as possible - my cats generally have fab coats, eyes and teeth, Gypsy has congenital gingivitis and when I got her my vet said she would have to have her teeth out within 6 months - now she doesn't even need medication

everyone has a different opinion on food but one thing is the best to remember, feed the best quality you can afford and by best quality - the least additives, sugars, grains and chemicals

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice