Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice Needed- Victorian fancy dress

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SmokeyRabbit, Apr 25, 2011.

1. SmokeyRabbit

SmokeyRabbit PetForums Member

I have signed up for the victorian fancy dress class at the dashing dog show and i am lost as to where i am going to obtain a victorian fancy dress costume for my male German Shephard/Border Collie cross any help much appreciated, i should be easy in theory but dogs costumes gonna be harder to find, need it before first week of june 2011. Any bright ideas anyone

2. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

Sounds like fun. Sorry I can't help.Do you know anyone who can sew who would be willing to make a costume for your dog.
    And you must post pics of course!

3. pheebus

pheebus PetForums VIP

I don't have any dogs, so I can't really recommend any, but I found a few websites that might be of interest. :)
    Pet Costumes - Halloween & Christmas Costume Supplies for Pets at Buy Costumes
    Dog Costumes
    I'm not sure if your doggy is a boy or a girl, but these could pass as Victorian couldn't they? :confused:
    Scarecrow Dog Costume - Wizard of Oz Costumes
    Angel Dog Costume - Christmas Costumes for Dogs
    I think the angel one looks like a bonnet and a dress, and you could tailor it so it doesen't have the wings on anymore. :D
    If none of these help then like Jetsmum said, you could always see if someone could make one, then you could have it excatly how you wanted it. :001_smile:
    GOOD LUCK! :D

4. pheebus

pheebus PetForums VIP

Ooops, just read your post properly and realised your dog is male! :D Sorry, I will keep looking for you, as I have nothing to do lol. :lol:

5. pheebus

pheebus PetForums VIP

Sorry, I can only find female victorian dog costumes. :( But maybe if you found one on the website that looked kind of Victorian, you could take it to a Tailor and ask them to change it. :) Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    GOOD LUCK! :D

6. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

7. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Deerstalker, cape and peanut butter smeared on the end of a pipe so he chomps on it and......Sherlock Bones!!!!
    sorted.;)

8. SmokeyRabbit

SmokeyRabbit PetForums Member

I have contacted link above to see if they can help, i have asked family other than minor repairs no-one can make costumes.

9. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

For a moment there I thought this thread was going to be about Fancy dress for humans. :eek:
    Pity!
    If I was going to attend a Victorian fancy dress venue I'd probably go as master of the household. That way I could give Hudson (Upstairs Downstairs) the day off and I'd get my pick of the scullery maids.

Just so long as they weren't breathing dragons like Mrs Bridges. Also of Upstairs Downstairs fame. :glare:

10. kirk68

kirk68 PetForums VIP

Hi, was just reaing your post and as your dog is GSD X, how about dressing him up a a police man. You can get kiddies fancy dress costumes from most places and it wouldn't take much to alter one to fit your boy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice