UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( hope someone can help me,ive got 2 cats one is a male ginger tom aged 2 and my other cat is a female exotic shothair aged 1 year,we decided a while ago to get a puppy and so got a 9 week old shih tzu last week,he is so sweet and very loving,my ginger tom cat is really bothered with him but my female cat isnt very happy,she has stayed upstairs in the house for 5 days now:( she is eating well(we are taking food to her)and she seems well in herself dosnt seem tense or stressed,but when we try to introduce puppy to her she just hisses and all her fur stood up:( i really dont know what to do,has anyone else had this experience,i feel so upset that she is staying upstairs and im giving her loads of attention and reassurance,any advice would be fantastic,thanks for reading,x

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
basically.. time.... feliway..... and patiance..

it could take several weeks for the cat to get used to the dog.. remember the dog is a puppy and will be playful.. oh and i want to see a piccy of your shitty(can i say that)...:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha,made me chuckle that:) does it actually work that feliway? what does it do? and thankyou i think i will have to be patient and let them work it out for themselves,xx

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
i really dont rate feliway.... but most others that use it do... really though.. time will heal all.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Feliway personally doesn't work with Button but I know it works with other cats very well .. I believe it let's out calming pheromones that only cats can smell? It takes a couple of weeks to work but its worth it for the results I've seen in other cats.

Someone suggested zyklene to me if feliway doesn't work.

Forum rules are that you post piccys :) :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.