Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice Needed - Tortoise Not Passing Urates

Discussion in 'Turtles and Tortoises' started by Bethf, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Bethf

Bethf PetForums Newbie

hello, I’ve had my 5 month old horse field tortoise for a few days now, first thing I need advice with, I haven’t noticed him pass any urates or even urinate? I’ve bathed him as I should even though he doesn’t enjoy it much! He’s also only eaten three tiny dandelion pallets all day. I left out dried flowers, fruit, cucumber and carrots. He tried to eat the dried flower but was moving as he was trying to take a bite and seems he just gave up and didn’t try it again. All he wants to do is go in his bedroom, dig in the corner and go to sleep, or when I block it off, he digs another corner in his enclosure and does the same. I keep moving him back under the lamp with food around him but he doesn’t seem interested much. Please can I have some advice?! This is all new to me and I’m worrying I’m doing something wrong:( thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice