Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice needed please

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Charliegirl53, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Charliegirl53

Charliegirl53 PetForums Newbie

My cat escaped the house 19 days ago. When I found her 6 hrs later she was with a cat I believe was a male. She had just started calling the night before she escaped. I had never seen her do it before. After escaping the calling stopped within 36 hrs. So she called for about 21/2 days total. Now here it is 19 days later and she has not called again but I am not really seeing any pinking..maybe just a tiny bit. She has been pretty lovable and maybe eating a little more. Yes I do know she should have already been spayed so please don't jump on me about that. I do very much appreciate any advice on whether or not she may be pregnant and how soon the vet could tell me for sure. Thank you so much

2. QOTN

QOTN PetForums VIP

Look for pinking up from day 21. It is usually very obvious in a maiden queen. The best thing to do is to get her spayed as soon as possible whether she is pregnant or not.

simplysardonic and OrientalSlave like this.
  3. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

I so, so wish you had taken her to get spayed as soon as she stopped calling. She almost certainly is pregnant - cats are very fertile.

All cats not part of a pedigree breeding program should be neutered by 6 months at the latest, regardless of if they are indoor only cats or not. As you have found cats escape, plus there are long-term health benefits to neutering by 6 months.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice