Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice needed please.......

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mum2Alfie, May 13, 2010.

1. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

For those of you who remember, my OH had that car accident and has now got 2 crushed discs in his back. Well they sent him for therapy yesterday, electric shock and accupuncture. He seemed fine, his back was feeling less sore all was good. Tonight however......he is having the worst cramps in his legs! All the way down to his feet. I am quite concerned cause he hasnt had cramp for ages and even then it wasnt this bad!!! Does anyone know whether its the treatment that is cause this or could it be something else?

Luckly he has some muscle relaxent tablets and he has taken them to help him through. But he doesnt want to take these really.....addictive! :eek6:

Any help would be greatly received thanks guys! Xxxx

2. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

hi harry, i know when my aunt had back problems she went for therapy, and the next day she said it felt like she'd been punched and kicked in the back, but the day after it was alot better and the origianal problem had eased

3. Sorcha

Sorcha PetForums Senior

I don't know about the therapy causing the cramps, but I do know all about cramps. I take magnesium pills every day and they help a lot. All the best for your OH.

4. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

What kind of pains are in his legs? is it sciatic pain or actual cramps?

I also have a crushed disc in my back and get terrible sciatic pain. Occasionally I will get really bad cramps in my legs too although its rare and will come on for no reason at all. if he is having sciatic pain then its probably to do with the therapy so it should ease up in time.

Glad he is getting sorted though, horrible business crushed discs!!

5. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Ty guys. No its cramps! :( I know how they feel, so know what his going through! I hope they do pass. :)

6. Pixi

Pixi PetForums Junior

I used to get really painfull cramps/spazzams in my calfs. i mean agonizing pain.
    My doctor said to take potassium (bananas) Not had cramps since :)

7. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

Cant help you about the cramps but would have thought it would be the therapy.

If the disc was pressing on a nerve then it would be sharp shooting pain not cramps.

Tell Hubby he wont get addicted to the tabs just by taking them whilst he has the cramps....who knows if he takes them they may have gone by tomorrow.

Are the tabs for cramps though Hun.

As Pixi said bananas are really good if it is cramps. high potassium.

Hope he pain free soon

xx

8. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Nope defintaly cramps! The tabs are muscle relaxants for his legs already....ermmm when he got burnt his legs have hurt since but thats aching pain, so dr gave him muscle relaxants to get him off the co codamol. long story about all his ailments, but because he hasnt had cramps for along time then all of a sudden got alot tonight after his treatment just made me wonder. Ty guys told him about the magnesium and potasium!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice