Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

advice needed on random wees!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by westielover65, May 19, 2010.

1. westielover65

westielover65 PetForums Junior

not me but my 6 month old puppys!! I have 2 westie pups I have caught them both at various times weeing at random times in a corner of my living room (not full on wees either, little patches) they have both been told off for this but keep doing it I have cleaned the carpet with my vax machine and put a spray down which is supposed to remove the smell, if I could understand why maybe I could sort it :confused1:

2. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Are you sure you got rid of the smell with a biological cleaner? Maybe find a way to block off that corner of the room

3. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Are they boys?

4. westielover65

no both females I have done as much I can to get rid of smells from previous smells,
    carpet have been cleaned twice with a special shampoo for pets I have now sprayed with a citrus smell to see if that will work little buggers, back door is open too!!

5. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

You need to use something which has a biological action to break down the smell molecules. The best is diluted biological washing powder or liquid, followed by some surgical spirit (rubbing alcohol). Or you can try one of the specially made liquids such as Simple Solution.

6. westielover65

I have used simple solutions as a spray and in my vax, the citrus spray didnt work but I will give the surgical spirit a go!! and unfortunately its a difficult area to block off not only because I have so many otherareas blocked off !! :D

#6 westielover65, May 20, 2010
    Last edited: May 20, 2010
  7. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

What a blinking nuisance - little darlings :lol:

Have you tried spending some time watching them and stopping them in their tracks by either putting them straight out (if it's a definate need to go) or distracting it into a really interesting game so that fun happens when they dont go there?

Not easy always having the time but it kinda comes with puppy package :lol::D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice