Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice for taming my lovebird?

Discussion in 'Bird Chat' started by MotherOfSmallPets, Jun 6, 2019.

1. MotherOfSmallPets

MotherOfSmallPets PetForums Newbie

about 2 weeks ago i got my lovebird Guava, i’ve been following the general taming techniques - i lay my hand on the cage, speak to him, i’ve been reading to him, recently ive been trying to lay my hand still inside of the cage and he doesnt scream and panic like he did but does still seem very nervous.. if anybody has any little tips or tricks to help that would be great! i want to try and clean his perches etc soon as i know you should so this often but he is not happy when i try to! i dont want to panic him and make things worse, i’m worried that he’ll be scared of my hand and associate me with that fear. he is relatively comfortable to be right next to my face (through the cage) but seems to have a real problem with hands. i would love to let him out to fly soon, he loves to fly in his cage and would clearly love to come out, i really want him to be able to as soon as possible, his cage is a good size but he will adore flying around the room!! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice