Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice for HCM kitty, raw food?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Polski, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Polski

Polski PetForums VIP

Long story but gist of it is that one of my kitties has been diagnosed with HCM...

Hes on
    1.25mg cardalis
    18.75mg clopidogrel
    40mg furosemide in 3 doses

Everything seemed to be going well, respiratory rate was decent at 22-28, but at last check up hes put on nearly 300g and i dont think its fat...hes not drinking and peeing like he was at first. I didn't see the cardiac vet as she had to cancel and the vet i saw was a bit dismissive of me saying i didn't believe it was fat...I will be making an appt to see the cardiac vet but need suggestions, yays or nays sort of thing

So...Hes already on quite a high dose of furosemide so not much wriggle room there.....Would changing the type of diuretic be beneficial? as it seems hes either become resistant to it or

His kidneys are struggling, I have tried him on renal foods (vet said to try a couple of months back prophylactically) and i got a lot of big fat nopes, is raw lower in sodium, would that spare his kidneys a little?

His respiratory rate is still good, hes still a happy chap and i'm loathe to give up on him but finances are very limited after 2 huge vet bills this year

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice