Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice for George's teeth

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Rah, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Rah

Rah PetForums Senior

Alright, so a few weeks ago, George and I went to the vet because one of his puppy teeth had broken.

The vet said it wasn't a problem, the pulp was showing however it was clean and she expected it to be out within the month.

We got some painkillers for his teething and off we went.

Now, I've checked this morning and his adult Canine (Left Upper) is coming through...But his old puppy tooth is still there. They're right next to each other (if reminds me of children when theirs come out over the top of their old teeth)

Has anyone else has this and it's pushed it out or am I looking to going to the vets to have it removed? The vet didn't want to remove it as she suspected that it would damage the incoming tooth.

Any horror stories appreciated.

SJ

2. dexter12

dexter12 PetForums Senior

Yes. Two of dexters teeth did this te pointy ones at the front on his bottom jaw,
    We just kept an eye on it and as the second tooth pushed through more it made the baby tooth more wobbly and it eventually fell out, the second tooth came through fine with no problems at all :) wouldn't worry to much unless of course the first one doesn't show signs of getting loose etc

3. MyMillie

MyMillie MillieMoo'sMum

Millie still has one baby tooth at back of adult one and is still not loose, trust her to "hang on" to one of those crocdile teeth as a constant reminder to what I went through with them :rolleyes:....

The vet wasnt too concerned, just said if it hadnt come out by the time I have her spayed they will remove it then :)

4. Rah

Rah PetForums Senior

Excellent thank you both. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it at present so I'll give it a while :)

SJ

5. DawnsPAW

DawnsPAW PetForums Member

One of Alfie's puppy canines stayed in for a couple of weeks after the adult tooth was fully through. I made sure he had chew toys around and it fell out itself.

6. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

Sam had a couple that did this; they did eventually fall out with a bit of chewing. I don't think they usually cause much of a problem.

7. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Kobi my Malamutes adult canine teeth came through and the baby ones were still there, but eventually over a week ot two they did loosen and fall out, so there is a good chance that his will too. Occasionally they dont and do hav e to be removed, but I wouldnt panic just yet, just keep an eye on them. Giving him hard things to chew usually helps loosen them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice