Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice for cage rest please!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Karina Lee, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Karina Lee

Karina Lee PetForums Newbie

Hi,
    I’m not sure if I’m writing this in the correct place!
    My little cat Manuel got hit by a car 3 weeks ago. After being missing for 5 days, he managed to get home!

He has a broken and paralysed tail and multiple breaks in his pelvis. He is currently on cage rest before going back in for a tail amputation.

He was doing really well in the cage but now we’re 2 1/2 weeks in, he is understandably completely fed up! I spend as much time with him as I can, make sure his tail and the cage is clean etc. He just seems really sad and cries whenever I leave the room.

If anyone has any advice or ideas to make it more bearable, please let me know!

2. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Im so sorry to hear this . :(

I have asked a mod to move this to the cat section where more cat people will see it.

3. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

Done.

kimthecat likes this.
  4. BarneyBobCat

BarneyBobCat Slave to an AcroCat

Needs must Im afraid, you are just going to have to persevere with his sadness. Its the best thing for him. All you can do is try to keep him entertained. Have you thought about putting some Cat TV on for him on an iPad or laptop?

5. Scouttie

Scouttie PetForums Senior

Poor Manuel. So brave to have made it home.

as others have said cat tv, even the radio when your not there.

Have you asked your vet about keeping him calm? Mine sprays this catnip thing and scout instantly relaxes.

6. Orla

Orla PetForums VIP

There are a few threads on here about cage rest which should hopefully have some ideas for you in case the original posters are no longer around on here. Is the cage somewhere where he can watch out the window, to see birds, etc? That’s the only one I can remember offhand. Hope your little man makes a good recovery xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice