Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice for a Shih Tzu puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Seraphim, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Seraphim

Seraphim PetForums Newbie

Hello all, I am new to the forum, and soon to be a new shih tzu momma. Never having looked after this breed before, I have a few questions as to the best way to meet their nutrition needs. I have been looking into a raw diet but not 100% sure of its suitabilty with such a small breed(bones being my main concern) and also living in a flat, I only have a small freezer compartment in my fridge and having looked at a few online raw companies it does appear you have to purchase quite large orders which I'm not sure I have the storage capacity for :/ I have however found the pets at home store sells frozen raw 'nuggets' although not sure as to the quality? From my research so far the one thing that is consistantly flagged with shih tzu is their tendancy toward being picky eaters, but I amdetermined to give as high a quality food as I can so if the raw proves unworkable/unsuitable for my lil furball then my alternative would be a high quality grain free food. My much loved and much missed cockalier Nelson was fed on Lily's Kitchen and homecooked so if any shih tzu owners have had success with either this or another brand they could recommend, or equally any advice as to trying a tzu on raw, I would be most greatful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice