Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

advice for a friend

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by molly moo, Mar 28, 2011.

1. molly moo

molly moo PetForums Member

hi my friends dog this morning pooed fine then about 3o mins later pooed a tiny amount and was loose with two tiny drops of blood , she really worried ive told her to pop her to the vets , her dog seems fine to me eatting normal , drinking and there was no blood in the first poo as i checked for her .

i do hope she ok x

2. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I would keep an eye on it but certainly not be that concerned at this stage.

3. codyann

codyann PetForums Senior

i second that keep a eye on her dog but dont be to worried at this stage.

4. molly moo

thats what i told her was a tiny amount and i said we her having a normal one 30minutes before we nothing in it and am sure i read so where tiny amounts can be normal . i told her if it h appends again but a larger amount thats when id take
    to the vets .
    i tell her what you both said

5. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Just keep an eye on the dog, You can get Mucos, specks of blood and straining with colitis which is inflammation of the bowel. In mild cases it usually helps if you starve by missing a meal, and then feed on chicken or fish
    boiled or grilled no skin and rice. For a day or two, as its an easily digested resting diet. If its going to work, you usually see some improvement within about 24hrs if its not entirely back to normal. If there is no improvement or it does get worse then usually they need to see a vet, and may need Medication to clear it up.

As long as there is improvement,and it doesnt get worse, and there are no other symptoms, like vomiting, lethargy etc. She may be fine with just witholding the food and a day or two on the resting diet.

6. molly moo

thanks for that that just sounds like it could be that of what i saw , apparently she phoned the vet and they said just to keep a eye on her , and and if she does have anymore like that then she has to take a sample to be tested .

7. chestersmum

chestersmum PetForums Senior

I had a similar experience last yeat with Chester but he lost quite a bit of blood. I took him to the vet and he had a slight tear in his bottom which took a few days to heal up. Try not to worry just keep an eye on it and if it gets worse tell your friend to go to the vet

Nikki

8. molly moo

thanks she fine now just had the one , and is going to the toilet fine now my friend feels alot better now i said its all part of being a dog mummy its hard not to worry tho x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice