Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice - Cats just back from cattery

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Celt6776, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Celt6776

Celt6776 PetForums Newbie

Hi All,

I was just looking for some advice, hope you guys can help.

8 weeks ago, we adopted two cats, one a 15 year old and the other 6 years old. They settled in with us fairly quickly. We kept them in for the first month and slowly start letting out our back garden for short periods of time.

Last week we had to go away for a week to a wedding abroad so while they were settling in so well unfortunately we had to put them in a cattery for the week.

I was wondering if we should keep them in for a while again just to ensure they settle back in and don't wander off ? Or do you think it would be safe to let them out again straight away ?

The younger one seemed like she knew she was home as soon as she got back, the older guy looks a little uncertain since he came back.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

2. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Personally, if my cats, I'd keep them in for about 2 or 3 days to allow them to settle and feel really "at home again" :)

Hope you had a nice holiday!

3. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

I'd be inclined to keep them in for a while, especially the older one if he seems unsure of things.

4. Helen M

Helen M PetForums Newbie

I agree I would keep them in a few days at least until they appear to have recognised where they are and when you let them out again do it slowly in the back garden as you did before.

5. Celt6776

Celt6776 PetForums Newbie

Thanks a million guys, I will take your advice and keep them in a couple of days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice