Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice anyone?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Paula07, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Paula07

Paula07 PetForums VIP

Hi, I do dog fostering and i am wanting to make it more official. Registering as a charity maybe. I don't know how insurance, tax fits in either. I do not have a clue where to start. I have worked with dogs for the majority of my life. Dogs are my passion and i want to do the best i can by them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. ;)

#1 Paula07, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  2. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Why do you want to go it alone rather than working with an established charity?

There are lot's of dog rescues who would value your input, there's not really much to be said for starting up another one?

There are lot's of things to be considered and points to be met before you can become a registered charity, take a look here perhaps Top level - Start up a charity

My advice? Find a good local charity and volunteer your time and energy to help dogs, rather than struggle alone :)

Good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice