Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Adverts in the birds classified

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by claire, Jan 23, 2008.

1. claire

claire Guest

Just wondered what everyone elses thoughts are on someone selling tocans and tocan eggs! in the birds classified section. They dont make good pets and it dont sound a good practice giving candle tested eggs away. I know with African Greys you cant usually buy them from a good breeder till they are a certain age i know people who have had to wait for theres ages. Is it just me over-reacting? Toco Toucan chicks photos- as they grow at Aves International

2. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

I dont know much about birds to be honest but they are a very exotic bird and I cant say ive EVER seen them advertised before!
    I wonder if theres some sort of rule or regulation for the sale of these types of birds and their eggs?

3. claire

claire Guest

This is what is worrying me and ive not known eggs be sold candle tested either!?! I feel sorry for them i dont think they are the sort of bird that should be kept as pets

4. claire

claire Guest

its been deleted thanks:)

5. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats why i cant find it,,if you spot anything strange being advertised,please let one of us know so we can act quickly and delete it,, many thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lorraine

6. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

Poor things. Wonder where they'l end up! Makes you think doesnt it. :(

7. claire

claire Guest

Yeah i sent a message to mark and deleted it straight away just wondered if anyone else had ever seen them for sale?

8. petforum

petforum Administrator
    Staff Member

I've personally never seen an advert for them before, I just thought they are wild birds from an exotic country. If anyone spots any dodgy adverts on here just let us know so we can delete them!

Just did a search for them in google, and noticed they are advertised on quite a few UK classified websites.

9. claire

claire Guest

Can you sell eggs tho? know on the african grey forum people are always on about how long they have had to wait for there babies and going to visit them after they hatch before they fetch them home?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice