UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is best to advertise my kittens for sale so that you get a better chance of forever homes? I have ruled gumtree out completely just because there moggies doesn't mean they don't deserve the best xx

·
Registered
12,998 Posts
There's a funny sort of snobbery which exists on this subject. What you have to realise is that it only exists among breeders and people who frequent forums like this. Look at it from the position of someone who has been a wonderful owner of a cat for many years and has recently lost it to illness or old age. They don't know where to start looking. If you want to advertise online then Google 'kittens for sale' to see which sites will come up on the first page. It's what a buyer would do and where they'd go. Then it's up to you to screen out the unsuitable enquiries.

·
Registered
12,998 Posts
Just done a quick check and Googled 'kittens for sale in Kent' just like any perfectly reasonable person would (random choice of area).
What came up was -
gumtree
freeads
kittenads
pets4homes
preloved
classifieds.co.uk
friday-ad
oodle
yakaz
kittenlist

You may consider some of those sites unworthy but the average buyer doesn't know that. The more people you reach (rather the point of advertising) the more choice you will have of suitable applicants.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Good ideas suggested. In addition, do you suppose that putting an advertisement in your vet's clinic might be worth considering as an option?

Most responsible pet owners will visit the vet at some point whether it is just for a booster or to sort out something for their fur-kids. You can also weed out the rubbish respondents from the genuine ones in the same way as replies from the online advertisements.

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
some advertising sites copy adverts from other sites aswell so if you place an advert on freeads you will find kittenads will also show your advert.
i agree it is about snobbery, my experience with advertising pedigree cats is if i went with preloved i didnt find the best homes, thats just my own experience so i use pets4homes.
placing adverts in local shops is also a good idea.:)

·
Registered
292 Posts
I advertised my kittens on Pre Loved, Gumtree and Pets 4 Homes along with a few others i now cannot remember.

As my main concern was getting the best new slave possible I was strict on my initial requirements on the advert.

I stated the date they would be ready by ie after 12 weeks old, i also said no busy main roads, ideally 2 kittens to go together or 1 if home already had a cat/kitten and I also stated I would do a home check.

I was concerned i would get no interest as it was clear from my add they wouldnt be going to just anyone however my pickiness seemed to get rid of the fools and in no time i have found 1 perfect couple to get my girls and 1 really lovely man who is desperately excited to get the boys.

I am very lucky i know however there is definately power in a well worded advert!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.