Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

adovcate flea control

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by amanda.dawn, Apr 21, 2011.

1. amanda.dawn

amanda.dawn PetForums Newbie

just wondering if anyone can help me i am new to this site but i am wanting some advice. i have two dogs and have just been to the vets and generally get all worming and flea control from them. They have advised that instead of Frontline which i normally use to change to adovcate as this is better. I am wondering if there is a way to get it cheaper than keep buying it from my vets?

2. Doolally

Doolally PetForums Senior

You'd need a prescription, which most vets charge for, but if you can get you to write you one for 6months you may be able to find it cheaper online.

Advocate is a must if you are in a lungworm area.

3. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

it`s not a must for lungworm as you can use milbemax or panacur instead ;)

you can ask your vet for a prescription and order advocate online but you do have to pay for the script - i know a lot of vets will price match though. you could have a look online and find the cheapest quote for it then if the vets offer to compare prices you can show them the quote you got :)

4. rona

rona Guest

It's much better unless you have a collie type

5. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

We use advocate and milbemax, but our vet charges something like £7 for the prescription and will only give it for three months, so by the time you have paid a consultation fee on top quarterly it works out about the same price.

6. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

You could need both Advoate covers lungworm but not ticks (use every month), Frontline covers ticks but not lung worm (use every 3 months). A bit s*d really must be the same company making us pay twice

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice