Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Adopting a kitten when we have a four month old puppy

Discussion in 'Cat Rescue and Adoption' started by Vixy G, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Vixy G

Vixy G PetForums Newbie

We have just been offered to home a 5 week kitten who has no Mummy and been found on the farm. We have a four month old daschund puppy and a four year old cat. I just wanted to know whether this will be possible with a puppy. The kitten will be able to have its own separate room away from the Puppy and cat. I have no experience of kittens as our cat came came to us when she was three. Any advice would be warmly welcomed. Thank you

2. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

kittens and puppies get along great together, i wouldnt introduce just yet but wait for the kitten to be settled and about 9 weeks old.
    good luck and if you have any questions you can always ask on the kitten chat as more people visit that section.:)

3. Luz

Luz PetForums VIP

we always had pups and kittens together as kids and it was easier than introducing pups to adult cats.

4. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

Best age to introduce them, just wait until the kitten is a bit bigger.

5. Vixy G

Vixy G PetForums Newbie

Thank you so much and I think we will go for it. X

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice