Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Addisons Disease - anyone familiar with it?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Clodge, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Clodge

Clodge PetForums Member

Hi

We're having our dog tested for this next week - anyone had experience of this?

Thanks

Lyn

2. Clodge

Clodge PetForums Member

Oops I meant to put this in Health & Nutrition - how do I move it?!

3. rona

rona Guest

You'd have to get a mod to move it. Don't worry just repost in health

4. Clodge

Clodge PetForums Member

Thanks - will do that!

5. *WillsTillsBills*

*WillsTillsBills* PetForums Senior

Hiya,

Not sure how to move it sorry...

I didn't know dogs could get addisons? my younger brother has it, he was diognosed early lasted year. He was very lethargic and would pass out for no reason... and you can slip into a coma from it. My brother is on constant medication... and since hes been taking it, hes been absolutly fine. He has to take it at specific times everyday, otherwise he can get ill. It is something to do with the glands in your body, if you have addisons one of the glands is completly destroyed, and the otherone usually only works 10% or less. The other gland then starts to attack others in the body, which can cause diabetes. I know it all sounds very daunting but since hes been on his medication hes leading a normal day to day life, and it also might be completly different for dogs :)

Hope this helps abit :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice