Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Adding to the family!

Discussion in 'Ferrets' started by Shady, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Shady

Shady PetForums Member

It's been about a month since I lost my old ferret Spike. Every day has been so hard. But I have decided that I just cannot live without any little fuzz butts. I've worked hard and built a brand new ferret mansion. On Saturday I am going to look at some rescues. My home and heart has plenty of room and I want to give some ferrets a good home when their start in life hasn't been the best. I'm so excited, but at the same time, so emotional. It's odd. But I cannot wait to be a ferret Mum again. :)

2. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

I've been wondering how you were getting on after losing your much loved Spike. I think adopting some new ferrets will help you through your grief & you will have the added satisfaction knowing you've given unwanted ferrets a chance of a great life in a loving new home. I'd love to see some pics of your new additions when you get them :)

3. Shady

Shady PetForums Member

I'm not gonna lie, it's been tough. But here are the new additions to the family. Poppy and Saffy. They're about 18months, litter sisters. They were given in to the rescue after they had
    been bought as pets for a 3 year old child. The owners couldn't handle them when they started to nip. Got these gorgeous girls yesterday, but it feels like I've known them much longer.
    (In a good way)
    IMG_0560.JPG IMG_0561.JPG

noushka05, Babyshoes and PawsOnMe like this.
  4. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

Gosh I almost missed this! Aww they are little stunners & I love their names. Looks like they've already settled in:D Well done for giving them a lovely new home x

5. Shady

Shady PetForums Member

I've had these girls for about a month now and I'm loving finding out their personalities. At first I thought that Poppy was going to be the playful one and Saffy more reserved.... but WOW. Saffy can do the war dance like a pro! She's certainly the most playful. Poppy is more inquisitive and determined to get into every space she shouldn't be lol. Both have nipped quite hard (I've got some lovely scratch/bite marks on my hands and arms ... and feet!) but both have calmed down and are starting to understand not to bite (It was never malicious, just playing). I'm so so glad that I've got them. I still mourn Spike, as I do all of my previous fuzzies, but having the girls gives me purpose. I love them <3

noushka05 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice