Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

added new kitten to home with another adult cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by buckyd, Jul 12, 2009.

1. buckyd

buckyd PetForums Junior

My roommate has a 5 yr old cat- who is a bit neurotic- the cat, not the roommate, and I decided to get a new kitten. I am keeping them apart right now but the adult cat is aware of its presence and it somewhat out of sorts. I am not sure how to handle this situation and I am wondering whether I made a big mistake by getting a new cat.

2. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Hi,

I would get some feliway plug ins! they will help both cats get along, you could also try rubbing each cat with a towel to get the scent and then swap towels. How long have you had the kitten? Im sure the other cat will adjust in no time at all! just a bit of time and patience needed.

Izzie

3. CatzEyes

CatzEyes PetForums VIP

We have brought in kittens before when we had an older cat and usually after time they always got use to each other.

4. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Yep i agree...I have too and given a little time to get used to each other they were fine. :D

Hiya and welcome by the way...xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice