Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Action camera harness recommendations?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Dogloverlou, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

One of my Christmas presents this year was an action camera which I mainly want to use for training purposes but I really want to try attaching it to the back of Cash on the odd walk etc. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good, durable harness with a camera attach point? I've seen the go-pro one on Amazon but it's expensive & some reviews have stated it's not very sturdy and slips. I found this one for a much cheaper price but again, not sure about the possibility of it slipping when in motion? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...1e2-a66912b500ea&pf_rd_r=MZWW2KZD41AHCMXQV25M

Torin. likes this.
  2. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

What an exciting present! Could do with one of those for my Tilly - it would be interesting to see some of her 'walks' as they don't always follow the same route as mine:Hilarious:Hilarious

Dogloverlou likes this.
  3. MissKittyKat

MissKittyKat ❤️ BSH, Silver Rules.....and Labs ❤️

I have the go pro harness. It is ok but I think they are all pretty similar and the footage is likely to be shakey due to where the harnesses fir near the shoulders.

The go pro also has the front attachment which is much more sturdy but the footage isn't asmuch fun to watch.

As I am a bit of a geek I have looked into getting a humble which attaches to the harness as well.

I do enjoy watching some of the random stuff we have videoed though x

Dogloverlou likes this.
  4. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

Bet there is definitely interesting footage to be captured that's for sure! lol

Thanks. Do you know if the Go-pro one will support other brands of camera?

5. diefenbaker

diefenbaker PetForums Modmin

Anything is likely to be shakey. This is about the best I managed.

The GoPro is much mimiced. So all the cheap mounts on eBay from China will fit.

6. MissKittyKat

MissKittyKat ❤️ BSH, Silver Rules.....and Labs ❤️

It is a standard go pro attachment point so I guess any copy will attach.

It is sturdy and I had no concerns about it falling off, we did have a hairy moment when woody decided to roll around with it still attached! Even then it didn’t come detached.

It really is th shoulder movement which causes the shakiness.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice