Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Accidental Mating

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Leslie49, May 6, 2021.

1. Leslie49

Leslie49 PetForums Newbie

Does anyone have any experience of the above...and what GCCF will and won’t accept. It’s purely an oversight on my part...young stud, not yet in his own quarters etc. However if we go by the 26 week rule that is now in place, I think I’m about 3 weeks adrift.

2. gskinner123

gskinner123 PetForums VIP

As the 26 week rule has only just been applied I don't know how they'd view it. The wording does however say that it must be applied within the overall guidance of no more than three litters in a 24 month period.

Whether this means you'll be ok if this isn't more than three litters in 24 months, I don't know, ie will your queen have had only two litters in the past 24 months, even though these are a little less than 26 weeks apart.

It appears from the wording that the only extenuating circumstances they'll accept are, for example, on the grounds of the queen's health with regard to calling which must be backed up by a letter from your vet.

Leslie49 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice