Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

absolutley livid

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CRL, Oct 6, 2013.

1. CRL

CRL Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

this happened on friday but my dad only told me this morning.
    on friday afternoon he was driving my mum to the opticians. on the way a car was turning into a side road, my dad slowed down as he was coming up behind the other car. a women was behind him and she slowed down too. the tw@t driving behind her was going way too fast and nearly rear ended the poor women, he swerved, not into the roadside, but into oncoming traffic on a 60mph road. he overtook the lady and my dad, who was now speeding back up as the other car had turned off. my dad luckily saw the idiot (very mild word for what im feeling) and tried to get out of the way, he ended up in the bank with the car sliding sideways to miss a collision with this imbecile. he could have flipped the damn car! the boy stopped in a layby where my dad and the women in the car behind got his details. the women in the car behind said to my dad who was shaking that it was lucky he didnt roll the car, and that he kept control.
    the boy was local and my dad knew where he lived so went down to his house yesterday. told the idiot that he would be taking his car to the garage and if there was a bill he WOULD be paying it. if he refused to pay he would go through the insurers and also report him to the police for dangerous driving without undue care and attention. the boy told my dad that he drove into fast oncoming traffic because there was a stump at the side of the road.
    he could have killed people! he didnt want to ruin his week old car. and to top it all off the tw@t had his 2 year old daughter in the back of the car! im just glad my parents are alright, if abit shaken up, and that they didnt have my nephew with them as they sometimes do on a friday.

2. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

Some people should never be behind a wheel! It wouldn't be so bad if it was only themselves that they hurt, but nine times out of ten it's somebody else who suffers. WHat a horrible shock for your dad. Thank heavens he wasn't hurt - and that there were witnesses so if it comes to anything he has back-up. TBH I would ring the police anyway - this tw@t might kill somebody next time.

Had a narrow miss myself this week when I came round a corner in a dip in the road to find that not only had some idiot parked there, but she then opened her car door without looking! Fortunately there was nothing coming the other way, so I was able to swerve round her (using reflexes I didn't know I possessed) otherwise I would have taken off her car door - and her arm. (She was a nurse doing a home visit, would you believe.)

Some time ago my son had a run in with an idiot who rear-ended him. The car in front of my son had stopped suddenly when a kid on a bike rode straight off the pavement. My son stopped behind him. The tw@t behind him went straight into the back of him. He then got out, absolutely stotting with rage and said 'You @*^$*@- look what you've done to my car!"

To which my darling boy replied "What I've done to your car?"

"What the **** did you stop for?"

"I don't know really. The car in front of me had stopped, and I thought - mmm - looks like a good idea. I think I'll stop as well."

Thank God I was there to prevent carnage. My lad has a gift for winding people up - a sarcastic answer turneth away calm.

Even the police officer called in gave up trying to get the other bloke to see it was his own fault for driving too fast and too close. But if I'd had a dog in the back of the car, it could have been very seriously injured.

3. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

Hope your parents are ok and not too shaken up. Ideally they should have reported it to the police at the time but its not too late to do so.

4. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

They need to report it to their insurance company now rather than wait. My sister knocked a neighbour's car on Christmas eve and the insurance company said they considered not paying as she hadn't rung that day.

5. Mulish

Mulish Just a Little Penguin

Agree with this. Most insurers have a cut off time for reporting accidents and your poor parents don't want to be stuck with a big bill just because some irresponsible idiot shouldn't be behind the wheel. I think I'd report him to the police, too. Maybe an official caution will be the kick up the bum he needs. Can't stand people who don't treat driving large bits of metal at high speeds with the reverence it deserves.

6. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

Very relieved to hear no one was hurt.

Sometimes I think peoples brains should be tested before they can get behind the wheel.

7. Etienne

Etienne Dad to Puss and Shadow

Did the police officer do anything in the end?

There are far to many people that have no consideration whatsoever or understand the concept of danger on our roads :eek:

8. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

There really are some idiots out there.

I agree with others who said let the insurance deal with it..... No way would I have gone to someone's house, follow procedure.

The girl who rear ended my car thought it would be a good idea to ignore her insurance after I had reported it. Then she lied to them.

She did me a favour as it happens, as she was made liable. She also had her policy cancelled and her details blacklisted, so it's never a good idea to ignore your insurance company.

9. CRL

CRL Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

dad took the car to the garage that day and there was no damage to the car. they were lucky on all counts tbh.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice