Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Absolutely stunned.....

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PennyH, May 23, 2010.

1. PennyH

PennyH PetForums Senior

We were out in the car this afternoon on the way to the park to take our 4 out for a late stroll when we stopped at some traffic lights. There was a "lady", man and child crossing and sitting way back from the lights was a tiny puppy (staff)..... I was just thinking I might need to jump out and try and persuade it to come to me, when the man called it and it followed them - I very much doubt if it was even old enough to have had it's vaccinations, and there it was on a busy road - OFF LEAD for heavens' sake!!! I was so shocked, but then the lights changed and I had to drive on.
    Some people just don't deserve dogs. I wonder how long it will be before that poor pup is either killed or injured on the road........

2. rona

rona Guest

Got to look hard you know :rolleyes: :(

3. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn PetForums Senior

Had one a few weeks ago while driving through our high street.. elderly bloke crossing the road from the passenger side with his hands full.. he got over ok so i started to move off.. OH grabs the handbrake to stop me... i hadn't seen his little brown dog tootling across behind him offlead. Good job OH was sitting next to me because i seriously would not have seen him at all with how small he was.

4. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Ye and ya dont look hard with a puppy lead, just wait it will soon be on a lead when its big enough to wear one of them thick leather studded collar with the chains hanging.:rolleyes:

5. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

yeah, i don't know what it is, but in Dundee.. people with staffs don't know what a lead is. it seems to be like if its a staff it just doesnt have one?! insane..

6. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Yup, Staffs are all allergic to leads round here too.:(
    Had to laugh the other day though, a hoodie type was wandering up the road with his Staff following when the dog decided to take itself off up a side street to explore. He didnt notice at first then had to do a huge backtrack!!ROFL!!:D:thumbup:

$hAzZa likes this.
  7. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

LOL, that must cramped his style :p

I think that type of people who own staffies haven't yet mastered the technique of 'putting on a lead' ;) x

8. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Not just staff owners - I remember seeing a woman walking along the A6 in Lancaster (a really busy road) followed by an off-lead little brown cross-breed. Completely oblivious that her dog stopped to [email protected] in a shop doorway, she didn't even turn round to see where it was.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice