Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

About to commission a portrait of Mr T!!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by terencesmum, Nov 28, 2012.

1. terencesmum

terencesmum PetForums VIP

:eek:
    I've been umming and ahing for ages and marveling at the artwork other PFers have posted on here, so I have finally taken the plunge and contacted the wonderfully talented Sailor!!!!!

I like his facial expression on these 2 pictures. Do you think they would work??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

Sailor is immensly talented and could work wonders with these reference pics, and he does look lovely but if I was commissioned with these I would be tempted to ask for clearer shots, you can see the first one is quite fuzzy, there's not much definition, and the second one is very dark.

The very best photo's I personally like to work from are taken from the dogs level, taken outside with light cloud cover and without flash, and a photo with good detail.

Don't I sound picky! And they nearly never are like that anyway! :D

His portrait is going to be gorrrgeous, Slowly but surely we're saving pennies for portraits from Sailor. Got to save up for 5 of them though! :eek: gonna take a while :prrr: I AM a patient woman. Sometimes :ihih:

3. terencesmum

Yes, that was my concern. They were taken from my phone. I have loads and loads of pictures of him, but it was more the expression that I was worried about.
    I can send Sailor as many pictures as she needs. :D

4. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

Oh the expression is gorrrrrrgeous :D will look lovely as a portrait!

5. terencesmum

Chuckle. I already feel sorry for poor Sailor and me sending her LOADS of pictures to work from. :eek:

6. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

Nawwww, I'd be the same! I wouldn't be able to choose do I would throw ALL THE PHOTO'S at her :devil: I'm so indecisive :D

7. terencesmum

Glad it's not just me. :D
    It'll be lovely to have something personal in this house. It's rented and almost nothing in it is how I would choose to have it.

8. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Your photos look good enough to work from ;)

I shall Email you back by lunchtime tomorrow... not working right now as I recently got home from my Archery course, where me and my Daughter finally got our certificates :D wooohooooo ..... so work is obviously last thing on my mind right now :eek:

9. terencesmum

Don't worry, Hun. No rush. I have plenty more photos where these came from. :D

And well done on your certificate. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice