Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

about bearded dragons

Discussion in 'Lizards' started by mandiibabez, May 13, 2010.

1. mandiibabez

mandiibabez PetForums Junior

hi i just got two bearded dragons yesterday.. they were off a friend who couldnt look after them as well as she wanted to, so i have rehomed them.. she has had one of then (female) for 3 years and then rescued a male 2 years ago... the male seems to sit on top of the female and she has some cuts on her neck from him...i was just wonderin if they were alright living together or is he stressing the female out? would it be best if she didnt live with him? thankx

2. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

Most definetley. Beardies are solitary animals and prefer to live alone. I would either get another vivarium, or find a home for one of them.

3. serpentseye

serpentseye PetForums Member

he's far too heavy for her and the cuts on the back of the neck indicate he wants to mate with her and is hurting her. My breeding pair live together all year around, and we only have one clutch a year out of them, the female is dominant (the male was the runt of his clutch). i would seperate those two immidiately. It is natural for them to live in small groups, but a male like this is still dangerous to her. Leave him in solitary confinement he may head bob at you, but if he's being like that he'll have to get over it. but mabe get her another female, i heard two females are good companions for each other.

4. mandiibabez

mandiibabez PetForums Junior

yea he bobs his head alot at me and the female.. hes twice the size of her so hes obviously in charge.. ill get straight to the lizard place tomoz and get another house for him.. thankx

5. sadiajahan

sadiajahan PetForums Junior

That's a good idea

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice