Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Abbreviations

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Is it just me, but I hate it when people us letters for words, use text abbreviations, and symbols of words.

I know lots of people text each other and that's fine in it's place, but when I start to read a post and these odd letters start appearing, I just do not both to read them as it can take me ages to work out what they are saying.

What is wrong with spelling a word. I suffer with word blindness, (yes I know there is another word for it but I have know idea how to start spelling it) I know sometimes I get it wrong but at least I try. It's not always easy looking up a word in a dictionary if you have know idea how something is spelt.

2. lauz_1982

lauz_1982 PetForums VIP

wht u on bt? lol!

Sorry I couldn't resist! My young cousins send me e-mails full of 'text talk' and it takes me ages to figure out what they are on about! I do use some abbreviations when I'm texting a message but not to my Mum who was texting lol to everyone at the end of messages thinking it meant lots of love - bless!

Laura :)

3. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

i hate it too, in fact i rarely use it even in a text cause i have a proper keypad on my iphone with predictive spelling etc i think it`s just laziness mainly but then again it doesn`t take much longer to type out the actual word

4. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

OMGYG2BK PTMM BTA CWYL ;)

Oh my god you've got to be kidding please tell me more but then again chat with you later :D

5. lauz_1982

lauz_1982 PetForums VIP

lol! Love it! :thumbup:

Laura :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice