Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Abandoned dog with stranger

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by metaldog, Mar 27, 2011.

1. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Advert on my local Gumtree today:

This happened to me in Wollaton Park in Nottingham 19 years ago. I admired an English Springer Spaniela woman was walking with her baby in the buggy, she thrust the lead in my hand, said have him I hate him, he's my Hubby's dog and I'm the one doing all the looking after. She just legged it and left me with the dog :yikes:

I really wanted to keep him but him and my Grufty wouldn't stop scrapping, my daughter was only 4 and they knocked her over when fighting and I was so worried she'd get hurt I re-homed him with my mate.

I still think about the poor bloke who got home from work to find his dog gone, I bet she told him it had run off. I checked lost and found etc but no reports of him missing.

If anyone wants to help the dog in the Gumtree ad PM me and I'll send you the link :)

2. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

What area is it in.. does it say and age?

3. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

It's Mansfield Nottinghamshire, no further info only what is stated in advert.

4. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

I'm going to bed now, but if anyone wants to help the advert is in pets section on Nottingham gumtree.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice