Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

aargh whats wrong with me?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tigerneko, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Okay so I think there's something wrong....

Yesterday at about lunch time, I started feeling really dizzy.... like the whole room was spinning and I couldn't stand up straight or walk straight or anything.... but apart from that I was fine.

It's not so bad now, but every 20 or 30 minutes or so, it keeps happening again :eek: it only lasts a couple of seconds and its not as bad as it was yesterday (I went dizzy for about an hour yesterday) but it's still really scary... does anyone else get this or know what it is?

I've been eating alright, i'm sleeping more than usual and health wise i'm fine everywhere else, I just keep going bloomin dizzy!!

What is it?

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

You have got to ring nhs direct, it could be loads of different things but you need to find out what and get it sorted, I am wagging my finger as I say this ;).

3. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

LOL if only there was a finger wagging smiley :laugh:

It seems to happen when I move, like when I get up or even if I move my head too quickly, or even just turning over in bed makes it happen :(

I hope i'm not gonna die LOL

4. LittleMissSunshine

LittleMissSunshine PetForums VIP

Phone the dr and arrange a blood test...could be someting like your thyroid or maybe low blood pressure, does it happen just after you eat? def get it checked out!:)

5. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

the only thing putting me off getting it sorted is the thought of a blood test :eek: I hate needles (even though i'm covered in piercings :eek:ut:) and everyone always says they're painful and they seem to make a mess of peoples arms :eek:

i'll talk to my parents and see what they say.... i'm only 19 so it's not an old age thing or anything :laugh:

6. LittleMissSunshine

Don't...I found a grey hair at 20...just after my wedding funnily enough!!!

Don't be put off by needles...ask them if they can use a paediatric needle, they're smaller, and if you ask them nicely they might use 'magic cream' which numbs the area. I bet it really is something daft but still better to get it checked...why not go to your local pharmacy they could check your blood sugar for you and give you general advice xxx

7. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

It could be an ear infection or a sinus infection, I get both of them and they can certainly make you feel dizzy.

Get yourself to the doc and get checked out and hope you're feeling better soon! :)

8. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Could be a number of things.....get to the doctor!:)xxx

9. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

:laugh: lets hope that grey hair wasn't an omen :laugh:

hahah i turn into such a psycho when there's a doctor hovering over me with a needle, I think i'll need tranqulising (with tablets, not needles LOL) before they do it :eek:

I've suffered a lot with my ears since I was about 6 years old, i've had all sorts of operations and spent nearly a year in and out of hospital with horrible ear infections so I don't think it's one of them, I can spot an ear infection at 20 paces :eek: and im not sure about my sinuses, i've never had problems before so that could be a possibility.

I've got a lot going on at the moment with work and just my whole life is changing a bit at the moment, so my mum said it could be my blood pressure and just the stress of everything getting on top of me.

We just tried phoning the doctors and they're shut until half 1 :rolleyes: so we're gonna call back then and see if I can get an appointment tonight or tomorrow morning, so hopefully it'll be sorted out :)

10. LittleMissSunshine

Good Luck!!!xxxxxx

11. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

hi sorry that you are not feeling well, hope you get an appointment soon, sounds like it could be blood pressure. Take care and hope you are feeling better soon.

12. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

okay i'm off to see Dr Fish at 3:50 :D

.....Dr Fish :laugh:

13. Cuddypuppy

Cuddypuppy PetForums Member

My money is on labyrinthitis - if your GP thinks it is this he/she will give you a prescription for travel sickness tablets.

Good luck at the Drs.

:)

14. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Dr Fish? Seriously? LOL

I hate needles too if it makes you feel better.

I'm dreading having the swine flu vaccination if and when it gets here - i had spigging needles

15. spid

spid PetForums VIP

I had this at exactly the same age - they put me on glucose tablets and told me to eat lots of greens (for anemia - in case I was low) the glucose tablets worked though - al to do with low blood sugar along with low blood pressure - I grew out of it. Hope yours is as simple a diagnoses and cure

16. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

It could be vertigo....

"Vertigo (from the Latin vertigin-, vertigo, "dizziness," originally "a whirling or spinning movement," from vertō "I turn"[1]) is a specific type of dizziness, a major symptom of a balance disorder. It is the sensation of spinning or swaying while the body is actually stationary with respect to the surroundings." wikipedia.org

or Menieres

"Ménière's disease (pronounced /meɪnˈjɛərz/[1]) is a disorder of the inner ear that can affect hearing and balance. It is characterized by episodes of dizziness and tinnitus and progressive hearing loss, usually in one ear. " Wikipedia.org

17. Another reason is low blood pressure! go and see you Doctor!
    Hope you are feeling better soone!
    lov
    DT

18. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

sounds like a inner ear infection, I get them alot and I walk off to the side and fall over as it affects your balance :(

Mine are really painful your ears close up and your jaw etc

do your ear hurts?

docs ASAP!

19. clueless

clueless Banned

Sounds like symptoms of Vertigo??

20. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I always thought that vertigo was when you're scared of heights :laugh: does it go away?

i'm 99% sure it's not my ears, i've had problems with them since I was 6 right up until last year and I know when i'm getting an ear infection so I doubt it's that :)

But yeah, im not in pain anywhere or anything, it really is just that I keep going dizzy every now and then and my head feels all fuzzy (a bit like im drunk :blushing:)

I'm off to the docs later so i'll let you know how I get on there - I think it might be low blood pressure/sugar. I've been eating normally but not eating enough, im trying to lose a couple of pounds (even though im already skinny anyway, I just feel a bit flabby) and i'm guilty of skipping a few meals or just eating tiny amounts of food so maybe I need to start eating a proper healthy diet again :blushing:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice