Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Aaaaaahhh blood pressure monitor

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by theevos5, Mar 23, 2011.

1. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

I have been fitted with one of those 24hr blood pressure monitors,so I have very little sleep all night,and am very grumpy and it is a pain in the arse,it goes off every half an hour during the day and every hour in the night,and if I happen to be doing anything and don't stop and keep my arm still,it gives a false reading and does it again after a minute or so.Having it taken off at 2pm this afternoon and then gonna have a snooze and a hot bath.:)Anyone else had one?

2. metame

metame PetForums VIP

nope, but doesnt sounds too comfortable :(

3. No but a friend did and said it was not good but its only 24hrs of ya life.

I assume this is for low BP rather than high BP??

I though high BP was just that and is straight forward where as low BP happens most during the night.

4. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

Nope its for high,every time I go I have really high blood pressure and they want to do this test and get an average form 24hrs rather than just one reading every couple of weeks,its a right pain though,Just been for a walk with Alf and I had to stop still in the middle of the field with my arm straight so it took a correct reading,God know what anyone thought!

5. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

Nope it sound like an annoying thing hope 2 come round quickly for you

6. metame

metame PetForums VIP

anothe rreason they can give it you for high is incase it is high when you go through anxiety of having it read!

7. They may have thought you needed a poop :D

Who cares anyway,its good they are sorting it....HBP is called the silent killer.

Hope you get it sorted :001_smile:

8. critter

critter PetForums VIP

Hi, Jeez, where have they fitted it? :D, I knew someone who had to wear one and when they checked it after 24hrs it hadn't taken any readings :eek:. wayne.

9. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

Gee thanks,:eek:lol

10. 2lisa2

2lisa2 PetForums VIP

my oh had to wear one for high blood pressure years ago it turned out that it was high just down to the fact he was nervous getting his bp done an it sent it up his blood pressure so after wearing it for 24 hours they found out his bp was fine :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice