Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A woodland butt AND a woodland bod

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by tabelmabel, Nov 3, 2020.

1. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Tills has excelled herself for you today @Boxer123 ! Poor effort from murph but tills gave it her all: 20201103_114944.jpg 20201103_114932.jpg 20201103_114327.jpg 20201103_114312.jpg

Twiggy, Squeeze, picaresque and 9 others like this.
  2. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Lurcherlad, Ellie&cats, O2.0 and 2 others like this.
  3. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

4. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

LOL I'd shave 'em both :D
    Love my slick coated doggos, quick wipe and done!
    Granted they also are worthless cold weather dogs, Penny particularly so since she can't figure out how to wear a coat like a normal dog :rolleyes::Hilarious

Squeeze, Sarah H, LinznMilly and 3 others like this.
  5. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Ha ha she would love that - the poor girl cant sit down without crying but, unlike murph, she is a complete wuss about anyone probing her nether regions.

So im having a brew before i tackle it.

To show displeasure she had seated herself at the playmobil school and was pulling her best rspca face.

And then she put her paw in and started raking all the wee figures out of it!!!

She is busy on the kong wobbler now 20201103_132348.jpg

Look at all the twigs on the carpet already. So glad i got shot of my dyson. My new sebo will make short work of that

6. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Aw bless her - she has made her own tail from a kong!

Kaily likes this.
  7. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

Every time I start thinking along the lines of "maybe I should open up my next dog search to include coated breeds, I would then have far more choice in the other traits I'm after" one of your posts snaps me straight back to reality :Hilarious

8. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

I clipped Timber yesterday (well most of him, his stay-still-ability expired before he is finished).

When he gets mucky now, it will be nice and easy to clean him up. Tomorrow I'm doing the walk @tabelmabel has done this morning so we should compare! :rolleyes:

9. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Funny, @Torin.

What you're all missing about the joy of these long coats though is how therapeutic it is as an owner to do the grooming. Isnt it supposed to help dog and owner too, grooming? (Or maybe i just made that up!)

Murphy lies good as gold to be groomed and i will just get on whilst watching tv or something.

Tills. Im not happy with that coat at all. That's the spay that's caused that. She had a real glossy sleak coat that shone.

Now dull and fluffy.

Im sure what is attractive in a pet is imprinted at an early age. Strangely, i am not at all attracted to the idea of having a long haired cat. My best friend when i was a kid had a long haired cat and i didnt like the feel of it at all.

I never thought i could find a short haired dog attractive when i got murph but now i love the look of lots of short haired dogs too.

Sarah H and LinznMilly like this.
  10. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

I bet you're not!

Im not one to stick to main paths and tend to go off piste. And Tilly. Well. Id like to say she was good today. And she was for the first 20 mins.

Then off she went. Took THREE blows of the whistle and at least 5 mins for her to return at one point. Foaming at the mouth, breathless and gasping of thirst. She's been through those woods like a hot knife through butter today!

Here's a funny thing though - her harness wouldnt come off at the end. Popped her in the car and it's kind of hanging on. So i pulled. No go.

Totally entwined with twigs! No wonder she walked tight at heel all the way up that last hill. I thought all my training was paying off.

Truth is - she couldnt go any faster :Hilarious

LinznMilly and JoanneF like this.
  11. Kaily

Kaily PetForums Senior

I like the look of other peoples long haired dogs, but always preferred easy clean Teflon dogs as my own. That said, I now have Honey and all her hair. She is so little grooming is never going to take very long and I might clip her...;)

O2.0 and tabelmabel like this.
  12. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

You are right,we will be on the paths!

13. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

I dont believe you!! You lot are such a bunch of wind up merchants:eek:

Long haired dogs are just soooooooo gorgeous. Take Serena as an example. What is Serena's owner's name? I have forgotton but serena is totally gorge:Kiss

LinznMilly likes this.
  14. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Ekho .

And she is stunning.

tabelmabel likes this.
  15. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Thought so - i need to go deeper into the wood to keep that tilly one sharp. It's too easy for her to find me on the paths. I like to be the one hiding from her where possible

JoanneF likes this.
  16. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Elko - that's right. I wont tag him in in case you suggest the same clipping treatment for his beauty. You wouldnt dare!

JoanneF likes this.
  17. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

To be fair, Serena always looks like she has stepped straight out of the groomers. Never a hair out of place, and not a twig in sight!

18. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Ouch!! Cover your ears, murples:eek:

DanWalkersmum and JoanneF like this.
  19. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Oh no we would never vote to clip Serena; no woodland butt, no chasing people on golf courses long locks flowing in the breeze, no chasing deer or being chased by deer.

LinznMilly and JoanneF like this.
  20. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Murphs wishes it to be known he is insulted. And in a huff.

LinznMilly, DanWalkersmum and JoanneF like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice